Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Does the Justice System Work?

This week we again saw what many feel was tragedy in our American court rooms.  Caylee Anthony, pictured here, was found dead about six months after she was finally reported missing. Her mother, Casey Anthony was acquitted of first degree murder charges levied against her.  Most people are appalled and flabbergasted.  Most people, but not the jury of her peers.  It seems sad, but I too think she got away with murder.

This is not the first time we feel our courts have failed us.  The O.J. Simpson trial was the most recent other alleged failing of the court system.  People were appalled and flabbergasted then as well.

I don't even know why I am writing this because I personally am so frustrated with the court system for personal reasons that could be a blog all of it's own.  I think the problem is that the court system is a system of no accountability.  None for the judges, none for the lawyers.  They could do what they choose almost without reprisal.  I don't buy the argument that it is a defense attorney's job to get someone off...  I think it is there responsibility to ensure a fair trail, but not at the cost of technicalities.

On the other hand, it is better than some of the options.

No comments: