Friday, May 7, 2010

It's All in the Name

Have you ever heard someone say "who would give there kid a name like that"?  How about just meeting someone with a name that seems strange to you (you know, we all have our opinions of what is strange and what is not)?  Well, tonight I didn't know whether I was reading a tabloid sensational story or if I should just get on my knees and start praying.  Lord Jesus Christ was run down in a cross walk in Northampton, MA.  I almost fell down when I learned the Lord Jesus Christ lived in my home town!

I can't be making this up, read it for yourself as the Washington Post, the Boston Globe or as the Associated Press reported it.  Lord Jesus Christ.  I won't speculate how he got the name, I don't want this to turn into a religious discussion.

Reading about Lord Jesus Christ immediately reminded me of my kids art teacher when we lived in New Salem, MA, Sally Alley Muffin Stuffin.  it's true, that's her legal name, she teaches at Swift River School.  Check it out. 

That got me thinking, other than the made up weird names like the author of "The Tiger's Revenge", Claude Balls; what other names are out there that real people have that some of us might think, that's a little strange.  Help me out, provide some facts so we know it's real.

6 comments:

Brent said...

Sally Alley Muffin Stuffin?! Oh Lord! Jesus Christ!

Sean Connery said...

Bent can't fit through the glory hole and that's why we all like Brent!

Sean Connery said...

Your mom can't fit IN the glory hole... And that's why we all like your mom...

Alex Trebek said...

That's enough, Mr. Connery

Sean Connery said...

That's not what your mother said last night ;)

Alex Trebek said...

For the love of Lord Jesus Christ, Mr. Connery. Just pick a category already!