Monday, January 23, 2017

Giving Thanks

Have you ever been frustrated, mad, or upset with the way things are?  How about the way people are?  I have.  Have you ever posted a rant or a story about what made you upset on Facebook or Twitter?  I have.  Nevertheless, it really didn't help me with the problem.  In fact, it may have allowed the original problem to become a bigger problem.  A becoming a bigger problem means people now may be looking at me as a winner, bitcher, complainer, or someone trying to deflect the problem rather than resolve it.  Been there, done that.

Ever notice how the news is always negative and stirs up emotions, even if the news if fake or false?  Why is there so much negativity and why must we share it?  Why must we respond?  I think because of emotions.  I think, we think, it will make us feel better if others agree with our negative feelings and or feel sorry for us.  Well, I use to think that, now, most the time, I don't think people really care at all about the rants, bitching or complaining.  A few really do care, they don't judge us, and are there for us.  Others are too into themselves and don't really care, whatever.

Want to really begin to feel better for the right reasons, give thanks.  Give thanks to others in need, despite what they are doing, or what their circumstances are.  That might be hard if they are one that you felt has wronged you, easier for those you don't even know.  Sometimes it will go unnoticed by anyone but you.  You'll know you did right, despite all else, and that will bring good feelings inside, because you did it for the right reason.  Life is too short to go the human emotional route, what a waste of time and effort, none of which you can ever get back.

If you start doing things selfishly, with only you in mind, you won't feel it and you won't make a difference because others will know that deep inside, you still just did it for you.  If you do it because it's the right thing to do, without the need for reward, you will step forward as a better person.  Ever pay a grocery bill for someone that really looks like they are in need?  Try it.  Ever pay (and maybe even pump the gas) for an elderly person that could use the care and help?  Try it.  I don't give money to panhandlers, too many crooks and fakes essentially stealing from those in legitimate need.

My dad often repeated an old saying that goes something like "too soon we get old, to late we get smart".  As I have gotten older, I realized all the time I wasted not listening and learning...  just as he said.  In many ways, life would have been easier, happier, and more fulfilling if I had given more and taken less.  If I had focused more and concentrated less.

On the other hand, it is NEVER too late to start, the old, the frustrations, the negative feeling can all vanish if we just start giving and being happy.  Renewal is possible.

It will be a good year, especially as I give thanks.

- - - 


Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!





No comments: