Monday, April 17, 2017

Looking through the Windshield

I have had so many thoughts over the past few years, especially since I retired, thinking of the events in my life... the people in my life... and most importantly, what to do next.  I've run the full gambit, thinking everything from complete failure to one of many successes, from a friend, mentor, and teacher to being a pawn just used by others.  I guess there have been instances of all.  I have mentally worked hard to get past the negative thoughts so I could move forward and really feel accomplished. I've only always wanted to be a positive influence and make a difference to those I interact with. That's been hard to do, until tonight I hope.  I hope Joel Osteen just gave me the words I needed to hear.

The small image of the past is not as important of the wide open space ahead of us
I have to paraphrase, but he spoke of how always looking at the past limits our ability to move forward to the future.  It limits us from becoming all we can be.  My thinking has been that I needed to know how I did, to know whether I was on the right path or not.  Joel talked about looking in the rear view mirror while we drove.  Can you imagine how far we would get if that's where we looked most of the time?  He commented on how the rear view mirror was very small and the windshield was very large.  It's much more important that we spend most of our time looking through the bigger view of a windshield so we can see where we are going and all the possibilities of where we could go, rather than on that little rear view mirror to see where we had already been.  There is a subliminal reason the windshield is so much bigger.
Just as in life, my focus, our focus, needs to be on what is in front of us.  I'm not perfect and I've made mistakes,  but I've also led a life full of positives and success and I'm not done looking and moving forward.  It's time to spend more time of what might be, rather than on what was.  Join me as we move on to the fulfilled life God planned for us.

- - - 
With eyes wide open, join me in my Scentsy adventure,
Positive thoughts by positive people

Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!









No comments: