Tuesday, May 9, 2017

The Penny Hoarder's "Save $1,000 Challenge"

This post will take me a year to write.  We all know how Facebook fills our timeline with ad after ad since that is more important to them than the post my friends make the should be on my timeline.  After all, it is all about money.  This particular ad spoke about how to save $1K and stop living paycheck to paycheck in Massachusetts (must be they knew our name should be Taxachusetts)
Captured from my Facebook timeline on 4/28/2017

I read the article and accepted the challenge - save $1K over the next year.  I could easily make the monthly deposits it suggest, starting with $5.00 the first month (although their recommended online bank to use requires a minimum $10.00 opening deposit), oops.

So, today, April 2017 will be my first month following their plan.  I expect to earn the funds each month, trying to follow some of their suggestions.  I'll document where the money is coming from as I go.  The first $10 is coming out of my pocket if I ever get this account opened at Aspiration.com.  Seems much longer than opening a normal bank account and asking questions that actually make me a little leery, but, oh well, I'll go after the Penny Hoarder if this isn't legit.  Since I have to link the Aspiration account to an existing bank account, it is going to take a few days via the little deposit thing they do since none of my banks were listed on their pages.  So, until the deposits are confirmed, we'll wait, I'll see you in a few days.

- - - - 

April 28, 2017 update
The 2 minimal deposits hit my normal bank account today...  I logged back into the Aspiration Bank to continue on with the process.  As serval more pages of input and questions, I have again been told to wait a couple more days as my part II of the application is processed.  Talk about a slow train to China.  So, I wait a few more days.

- - - - 

May 9th, 2017 update
My account at Aspiration is finally open and the initial $10.00 has been deposited.  It's not that it was hard or painful....  it was just slow as heck to get the account opened.  Here are the cool things.  The account pays interest, as minuscule as it is, it is still more than my 0% interest at my local bank....  I get a debit card to access my funds with a 0 cost ATM use, I like the sounds of that, however, I don't expect to use it, the goal of this exercise is to bank $1,000 within a year.  If I wanted to, by using their app for iOS or Android, as I can with most banks, I could deposit a check directly into my Aspiration account....  or, I can just do a bank to bank transfer from my local bank.  Now I am just waiting for my Scentsy pay notice for the month, should be today or tomorrow and then I'll make the May deposit as the PennyHoarder suggested.


- - - 

as an aside to the post...
Don't think you have the funds to save $1,000, check out the links below, 
I'll guide you through with the way I do it...  let's talk!

With eyes wide open, join me in my Scentsy adventure,
Positive thoughts by positive people

Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!









No comments: