Saturday, August 30, 2008

This old dog...

Well, ole Zoe, the family Chocolate Lab, just ain't what she use to be. She flopped down in front of the wood stove by my chair late last night. About 4:30 this morning, she was laying there panting loudly enough to get my attention, to which I just said lay down. She does that sometimes when the weather is about to change or when a storm is coming and she begins to turn into a wall destruction nervous Nellie. She did lay bad down, but at 6:30, it was apparent something was medically wrong with her.

Made a vet appointment a got her there. Had to be carried on a stretcher... she looks like crap. Unfortunately, all the preliminary test are not showing what is wrong, all appears to be OK... just more stress in my life.

I'm looking for something good to happen, should I go buy a lottery ticket on a whim? Could something good happen or would I just lose 20 bucks.

I hope this is my last stuck in a rut entry. Seth Godin's collection of short stories in "The Big Moo" suggest we stop trying to be perfect and start being remarkable, and get out of the rut (I added the get out of the rut part).

We probably all know that when in a rut, it seems many things we try don't work out as fast as we need them to; and that many of those around us do and say things to cause us to to sink deeper in the rut. They are in a rut too and just don't even know it. Their help is to bring you to their low level of satisfaction which narrows the gap between the two of you, so now they feel better... that doesn't help you or me. We all know good things will and do come with growth. On the other, we’re petrified that growth means change, and change means risk, and risk means death. Nobody wants to screw up and ruin a good thing, so most of us just keep doing the same things we've always done... and therefore we keep getting the same things we have always gotten. Things need to change.

So to Zoe, to me and anyone else interested... it's time for change, time for us to create a Big Moo! Are you ready? Let me know.

No comments: