Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Power of Love...

Yesterday was a special day...  not really very exciting, more or less a quiet day, but 3 things happened within the span of an hour that made the whole day worth it.  It all started shortly after noon, I received a text message, out of the blue from a dear friend, I rarely get to see.  It was short and simple:

"Happy Friday Dan! You're such a dear friend!  I love you! Stay true to your divine heritage... You come from the best"

So short, so powerful, and just what I needed today. A dear friend... a friend that is there for me, despite my shortcoming.  I know that and it makes this friend so special to me.

I love you!  Nearly brings tears to me eyes.  I know it is an unconditional love, not judgmental.  I was in such need to hear and feel that love.

A reminder to turn back to God and back to my roots.  Duly noted Becca.  I also note you keying in on that and I'm beginning to remember I need to rearrange my priorities.

Ten minutes later, I get an email from another friend in response to a request I made to use some of his published materials (he's an author, mentor, key note speaker who has worked around the world)...  he said:
"use anything, any time in any way ….I LOVE YOU!!"

Again...  I LOVE YOU!!!  This is a very special friend to me... I wish I could work with him more, his life seems to be the life I have always strived to have.  An amazing family, loving wife, I believe a personal relationship with God, well respected, well educated and living what I'd call...  the good life.  Don't get me wrong, I have tons of amazing great things in my life...  but I strive to be better, and to mean to someone else, what Kirk means to me...  and I love you too man.

Lastly, although a typo...  Someone else said "I love you... ", meaning to say, "I love your... ", but I'm taking it and running with it as a third.

The power of love...  Celine sang it best...


I hope love strikes your inner being today and every day....


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I love you too Pops!!