Sunday, June 23, 2013

Viber... FREE calls and FREE texting

I was introduced to Viber a few weeks ago.  WOW.  An application that not only appears to do what they say it will do, but does it better than the devices designed for calls and texting.

I downloaded, told it what my phone number was, confirmed the phone number by responding to an SMS text message and that was it.  It worked, with my existing contact list too.  It is only for Viber user to Viber user, you bill, significantly.
can't call a non-Viber user.  That shouldn't be a problem over time, tell everyone and we'll all be saving money.  Minimum plans from our wireless provider.  I'm looking forward to reducing my Verizon bill.

Viber will use cellular, WiFi or wired in the case of your computer....  Viber is available for your Windows or Mac computer.  Here are the first 3 items in the Viber FAQ list:

  • Why do I need Viber?
    When you use Viber, your phone calls and text messages to any other Viber users are free! The sound quality is also much better than a regular call.
  • Will Viber help reduce my phone bill?
    Once you and your friends install Viber, you can use it to talk and message as much as you want. Talk, message, and talk and message some more and it's all free*!
    * When you use Viber on a 3G network you might incur operator data charges or internet access fees.
  • Does it cost anything to use Viber?
    Viber and all Viber features are absolutely free and do not require any additional "in application" purchase.
    * When you use Viber on a 3G network you might incur operator data charges or internet access fees.

    Using Viber is believing.  My car has Bluetooth built in and my phone connects to my iPhone when I'm in the car.  I always thought it worked OK.  With Viber, it is AMAZING, crystal clear. incredibly better than just using the phone.

    Go to Viber.com from your computer or find Viber in the iOS Apps Store, Android Market Place or where ever you find your apps.  Try it, you'll love it, your friends will love it, your wallet will love it.


No comments: