Wednesday, September 20, 2017

No Help at WalMart, but Javianne is the Exception

Getting help at Walmart Chicopee, MA or nearly ANY Walmart is normally just a horrid experience.  Last nights visit started out as a WalMart norm.  The 1% milk cooler was empty ... looking through the doors, I could see cases of 1% milk sitting there.  There were several of us customers standing around looking and waiting for someone that worked there to come by so they could help us.  That didn't happen.  I waited nearly 5 minutes, several others walked away.  I looked through the cooler doors again and finally saw someone inside... on his phone, earbuds in, texting away.  He did look up once but ignored my gestures to come closer.  When I went to the cooler door, he walked away like he didn't see me or care.

I headed to the front of the store towards customer service, I walked away myself last time this happened, but not tonight. When I passed another worker stocking cheese, all I could so is shake my head.  As I approached all I could see was this guy bent over a box with his pants below his green skivvies, and I mean below his skivvies, so I made a "presumption" he had the same mental capacity as the dude in the cooler. I thought,this guy lacks care and common sense (not to mention his pants are falling off)... his lack of personal appearance and WalMart's apparent not caring how employees appear to their customers just pissed me off, as customers, we deserve better.  These guys are probably two of the ones protesting for $15.00/hour.   I went on looking for someone in management.

As I approached the Customer Service counter, which appeared to be closed, it was about 10:30 pm or so, a young lady came out met me and asked if she could help.  I explained I was trying to get 1% milk but the cooler was empty and those working were inattentive... before I got much further, she repeated 1% and asked if the WalMart Great Value brand was what I was looking for.  I hardly got yes out and she said I'll get it for you and off she went.  A few minutes later, the smiling, helpful young lady returned, milk in hand.

She seemed a bit embarrassed when I asked for her name (her hair covered her name tag) and with a bit of a dialect and my loss of hearing on my part, I didn't understand "Javianne".  I said I was going to write up my experience with her and thanked her for her assistance.  Sheepishly she smiled and said thank you and was off to help someone at another register.

I got checked out and realized my CRS kicked in (Can't Remember Shit), so I went over to ask her if I could take a picture of her name tag... totally embarrassed now, she said sure and pronounced her name to me yet again.

I don't know if WalMart needs more like her or if she needs to be at a company that cares about customer service like she showed me ... I think the later would be the best for her.  Either way, she made WalMart look good in the end.  Kudos to you Javianne.



No comments: