Thursday, June 13, 2019

Not All Days Are Great Days, but, Always Look For the Silver and Gold Linings

As good of a day as I had last Monday (when I connected with Dana-Farber), the last 3 days have been pretty tired and wiped out days.  It's the way it goes when you are sick I guess.  I'm so frustrated about the lack of energy.  It seems like I sleep all the time.  I even slept through game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals ... my Bruins fell a bit short, but they had a great season.  Congrats to the St. Louis Blues on their first Stanley Cup Championship ... you earned it (dang it).

Wendi after doing her cartwheel 2019
Although I feel exhausted, there are still many good things in my life, the golden moments.  I wish I could share with you a video my friend, and Director of the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service Northeast Region, Wendi Weber made for her birthday.  She says "My goal is to do a cartwheel every birthday until the end. So grateful to celebrate another year".  As cancer survivors, it is all about celebrating more birthdays.  I guess I've got until December to figure out what fun thing I can do to celebrate my next one too.  
Her words to me mean so much during this time that it is so easy to slip into that dreaded "fear factor" that comes with the territory.  Her words echo what I have tried to do with this story and blog, to provide courage and inspiration to other on the journey.  She said "We are in this together. I am here to provide any support and encouragement I can. Staying in the space of gratitude and having goals are so helpful for me. Whether the goals are by the minute, day or month it helps to move forward. Stay strong and positive and know you are loved and supported.  Thanks Wendi for the inspiration, friendship, care, and compassion.

My second good thing this week was an email from my sister Karen.  She forwarded me a blog post from Pastor Rick's current teaching series titled "How God Turns Setbacks Into Comebacks".  Pastor Rick says "When Elijah faced that experience, God led him to do three things that helped him recover—and they’re things that can help you recover, too, when you’re at the end of your rope".  He goes on to give me a reason why I am so tired all the time when he says "In the world’s most famous psalm, the Bible says of God, “He makes me lie down in green pastures” (Psalm 23:2 NIV). Sometimes God must make you lie down because you’re unwilling to do it on your own. You can’t be spiritually and emotionally strong while you’re physically depleted".  Check it out, it's worth the read.

Lastly, a video message I recorded yesterday, when I was on day 2 of being really tired as I am again today.  I did get a few things done, but, not feeling like I use to yet.  Come on energy!


Until tomorrow or some day soon ...

- - - 

Join and support my Relay For Life Team at: http://bit.ly/JoinTeamDan2019
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us 

Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/2JoinDan 

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!



No comments: