Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Challenging the Challenge

Almost before I get going, I am completely challenged in my challenge.  Wow.  I did not expect this to be so hard.  A simple task of removing negativity and limiting words from my life for 30 days.  I've hit a stumbling block right out of the gate.  I don't see that as negative or limiting, I see it as holy cow, how am I going to get through today.

I caught myself very easily slipping into the easier mind set of thinking negative thoughts and having negative feeling when faced with a situation that did not go as it should have.  A situation that has historically has almost always been very negative and unpleasant but has turned around of late and things wee good.  Yesterday, reared it's ugly head and caught me by surprise and today must be dealt with.

I'm not so sure what I am feeling is negative talk or limiting feeling as much as it is me as a manager having to face yet another ugly matter.  One which makes me uncomfortable with because personal feeling are going to really tested.  Unhappiness is likely to be felt by several people. I'm not ready for this in a week that has already had it's share of unpleasantness.  So what to do?

The first thing I must do is to get control of my own emotions and not let the unpleasantness of this situation get mixed in with the realities of actions and conversations that need to take place.  The situation is partially my own fault because I did not get some things done that should have been done long before today.  I know that and have discussed that with those involved...  just a day or so ago.  My fault, I know that and am working to correct it.  I am just irritated by the actions of some as if they did not know and as a result, I have slipped into thinking and being negative about the situation. 

I am frustrated but know what I have to do today, ready or not, things must get done, priorities have been changed and actions must be done today.  Go pay the price.

No comments: