Sunday, January 22, 2012

Confess Yourself

Throughout my life, I have tried.  Tried to do good, for the most part do the right things for the right reasons.  Sometimes it was fabulous.  Other times, like now, it is like living a slow death.  My gut is churning.  I have been fighting and scraping to work out of this hole of a life I am living in.

There are good days and bad.  I don't need to air the details of the dirty laundry... just assume it is bad to some extent in many areas...  seriously in trouble in others.  Not a place anyone wants to be, yet I am.  The worst part is that I am there and I must get out.  I am struggling with the methods to get to a better place.  There are options...  some are difficult, but they are options on the table.  That's why I struggle.  Decisions must be made, and soon.

That was the bad and ugly...  I have to finish with something good and positive.  We are what we feel and I must end this day on a better note and positive frame of mind. To do so I will turn to two things sent to me in the past 24 hours by my power buddies...  my mentors....  my friends.

First...  I have been talking about getting better and getting back to who I think I once was at least I felt a whole lot better then, felt like I had a life and people to share that joy with).  We think that will require change.  What does that mean?  Change is life.  Things change every day....  the weather..  happenings in the world...  what we have to do at work....  when things stop changing, we might be looking up from six feet under.  It is not change that is the difficult part...  it's action.  Taking actions to move to a better place is what is really necessary.  It is best said this way:

For things to change we must change, however change only occurs the day we move from the desire to change to the decision to change backed by a strong internal belief system and the commitment to do what ever it takes to reach our long-term goal.  Thus the power to change tomorrow is held in the decision we make today to head down a different path and make a commitment to ourselves to stay the course.

Tomorrow will be a better day because I will take action to eliminate one of the aspects of my life that is causing strife.

Second, words of inspiration are so incredibly powerful.  My power buddy (whether she knows it or know) sent this to me tonight:

"From Christ to Edison, the men who have achieved the most have been those who met with the most stubborn forms of temporary defeat. This would seem to justify the conclusion that Infinite Intelligence has a plan, or a law by which it hurdles me over many obstacles BEFORE giving them the privilege of leadership or the opportunity to render useful service in a noteworthy fashion." Page 39 of Outwitting the Devil so see my dear Dan you are paying your dues to learn skills and teaching to live a life of noteworthy leadership your future of power and greatness is so bright. Love you my friend.

Beginning this moment, I will begin looking at myself as the good person I am; the successful person I am; and the mentor to others they so desire.  I am a person that matters. 

Even in the face of darkness, we must learn to control our disappointments. We must learn to deal with adversity with an open mind...  even it someone strikes out against us and not take it personally.  

Love you all.

No comments: