Friday, August 23, 2013

We Really Do Have All We Need

Some of us feel we are in a fast paced world today....  faster than it was when we were younger.  Today's generation doesn't know any different, they probably think we've always had smartphones, Facebook and YouTube...  they were born with technology and need it now breed into them.  I'm wondering if we have gotten so fast paced and materialistic, we have forgotten about all we already have.

Don't get me wrong, I love my Beamer, it's the best car I have ever owned, at least in the best ride category...  okay, it is close to the most powerful too .... but I bought it used (that's my excuse anyway to justify this story).  I drive a ton of miles and wanted comfort.  I want the best in the things I buy, not low quality.  I'm telling you this because I am just as bad as the next in wanting it all.  I want my kids to have the best of the best.  To have more than I had.  To have better opportunities than I had.  To be more successful than I was ... or think I am.  Did I miss the target?  Did I focus on the wrong things?  Today, I'm wondering.

Is it all really needed?  Maybe many of us were brainwashed into thinking we needed it all,  I was.  Maybe our desires are misguided.  Life is more than "stuff"... sometimes we learn too late.  Life should be so much more.  Life should be happy without the stuff.  I'm hoping those younger than I will give it some thought.

The video that follows puts the focus on the important stuff we already have, and likely take for granted.  Things we should all be more thankful for.  I suggest after watching, we all might be a touch more thankful .... then consider what's really important and share some of our stuff with others.


... and if I haven't said it enough .... thanks for who you are, you are a special person and you are loved

No comments: