Thursday, June 18, 2015

Challenged... Challenge Accepted

Be forewarned, you are about to see more of me than you likely ever wanted to see...  if you continue, don't be judgemental.  Ever felt like you were just going nowhere but down hill?  Gosh that is a horrible feeling, sometimes a feeling of being lost...  hopeless... bottom of the barrel.  I know, been there, done that.  How to get out is the million dollar question.  I think it starts with attitude, but it takes a whole lot more than just attitude.  Attitude is a critical part, but, like all other successful things, it takes action.

Stuck in a rut...  up to your eye balls in alligators...  however you say it...  nothing will happen without action.  Easier said than done.  Okay, enough with all the justifications, (invalid) reasoning and other hogwash...  let's get to the action.

It often isn't who, how or what sparks the action...  it only matters that action starts.  This story centers around my amazing nephew Kevin.  I don't get to see him often...  the last time was at my son's wedding last year.  Honestly, I was a little surprised.  Kevin's hair was longer than I had ever seen it, he had packed on a few pounds (nothing compared to those I packed on) and we probably almost didn't recognize each other.  He was still the same amazing guy I always remembered.  Most recently, he posted a picture on Facebook of his transformation in progress.  Totally impressive.  He even looked like the Kevin of old only after 45 days on what ever he was doing.  Visalus - what ever that is.

So we talked.  The "hook" was that he described it to me as a challenge.  I don't understand the details, but Kevin has not been judgemental, has proven he can do it and is the inspiration for me to give it a shot.  The 90 day Challenge is suppose to be a complete healthy lifestyle platform for everybody and every body. With Kevin and his friend Jody's help and support, maybe I can finally lose that "10%" my doctor has been talking about for a long time.   It is suppose to be FUN! So here it is, my start (my package is suppose to arrive later today, June 18th - Day 1.  I need to completely transforming myself, in body, mind and spirit.  Kevin, I accept the challenge.

One last note.  This post is public, but not promoted.  I'd rather push myself to make some changes that others can see, since there are so many times things just don't work out...  I really want this one to work out.  As I learn more about the 90 Day Challenge, I will be posting more.  Until then, watch my results.  If I succeed, or if you want to help cheering me on and do this with me, let me know...  check out these links:







1 comment:

Unknown said...

Get yourself a "Fitbit". I gave up pasta and gravies and heavy dressings on salad. I use zucchini for spaghetti noodles now.