Thursday, June 25, 2015

Where's My Dr. Phil?

One thing nice about being retired is that I can have the TV on in my office while I'm doing whatever it is I do, being retired and all.  It seems the folks in television land have no imagination when it comes to scheduling because it seems episodes of some shows are one right after another, sometimes seemingly all day long.

Dr. Phil is has become one of my favorites lately.  Maybe it's just because I've been paying attention lately too.  Nevertheless, I want my own Dr. Phil.  He has resources...  he finds help for those needing help... despite saying it like it is, he also has some compassion except for those that are just outright deserving of what ever it is they are going though.  I hope that isn't my case...  I may have played an important part or made the bad decisions that were made to get in some of the mess...  but never, ever intentionally or knowingly.  I just want the help and resources, my own Dr. Phil without having to go on TV and be humiliated but announcing my faults and shortcomings for the entertainment of the masses.

How much of the show is real?  I've often wondered how much is just for the entertainment value.  It's one of the things I have not researched to find out.  So Dr Phil, if you have some time and want to help without me having to hang my dirty laundry in public, I'm ready.  Real or not, I am trying to learn from the show... I hope that's a good thing.


No comments: