Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Kids Speak With Such Logic and Reasoning

Ever notice how innocently kids talk?  Simple and straightforward.  I guess it is because they have not been through the spoils their fellow human beings will deal them over the years.  They have no expectations beyond what they have already learned.  Too bad our leaders and politicians didn't talk and think the way kids do, at least in some circumstances.

A few nights ago I was talking about my business at an acquaintance's house, when the conversation turned political, something I never get into.  They had a couple of youngsters, I'm thinking under 7 or 8 years old, who was also listening intently about what I did with Scentsy.  Near the end of our conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up.  Without hesitation, she said she wanted to be the President some day.  I'm thinking even in this crazy election season, our little ones must be picking up on some of what is going on.  Yup, I want to be a girl President.  I soon discovered her parents were both liberal Democrats.  Since I had opened the political can of worms with their daughter, I thought I might continue since they seemed very happy with her answer.  So, I asked, "If you were President, what would be one of the first things you would do?"

Again, without hesitation, she replied, "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people."  Her parents were beside themselves, beaming with pride.

"Wow, what a really nice thing to do," I told her. "But, you don't need to wait until you are President to do that.  You can come over to my house and help me clean up after my dogs, sweep the floors, help me pick up things out in the yard and a few other things.  I'll pay you $50.  When we are done, I'll take you over near the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use for food and a new house."

She sat there thinking about what I had just said.  After several moments of silence, she looked up at me, staring me right in the eye and asked, "why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work themselves, and you could just pay him the $50?"

I said, "welcome to the Republican Party".  

I'm wondering if her parents are still thinking about it too.


. . . . .

Check out my Director Dan's Happenings blog




No comments: