Thursday, March 29, 2018

Brownies of a Different Sort

Six days before my chemo regiment is due to begin, I had a nice visit with my little sister.  Although she only lives a few hours away, life seemed to allow us to visit via chat.  Today was a nice change. Speaking of change, before she came down, we chatted about diet and desserts. Remember those midnight sundaes?  I guess they are out the window and I have to add new, “healthy” snacks.

Today’s change is that we made brownies that didn’t come out of a box.  In fact, when she pulled out a sweet potato and two avocados that would serve as the base for the brownies, I was thinking this was a change doomed to failure.  Picky eater I am, none of the ingredients a came off my list of liked foods. Nevertheless, I mixed it all together when she handed me the bowl, I thought I was there to sit and watch, I guess not.

My opinion, VERY chocolatey, okay, but just not a "box brownie".  More of a dark chocolate than a milk chocolate taste.  By the way, we also added walnuts.  Give them a try...
We cooked in a 9"x 9" square pan.  Greased the pan with coconut milk (there were some solid chunks in the can we used.  Cooked for at least 30-40 minutes at 325°, they were a bit sticky, and did I say, chocolately?

with my sister

- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!


1 comment:

Betsy said...

I would love to try these! I went with Rebecca and her Girl Scout troop yesterday to their cookology cooking class and I spoke with the instructor about the brownies the girls had made. She told me to try smashed avocado in place of the oil and that it was much healthier and made it taste more chocolate!,
O