Wednesday, March 28, 2018

How Much is Too Much Information?

When I entered this chapter of my life, I was not aware just how many people had, or have been touched, by cancer.  I’m beginning to realize the number is incredibly high.  The news you have cancer was horrific, even though I had already told myself and believed that was what I would be told. Devastated.  I just heard my death sentence.  I was not ready to meet my Heavenly Father, I had more to do.

How do I cope?  What do I do?  How do I stay focused and positive?  Simple - willpower, and the support of family and friends.  Bingo, I had a winner.  Today marks four weeks since I was given the devastating diagnosis.  Emotional highs and lows, but the highs were getting higher and the lows weren’t as low and the days passed.

Then came today, training day.  A day to meet at the Cancer Center infusion suites, meet the nurses that would administer my care, and hear about all the side effects, the realities of what I was about to go through, and face the harsh realities.  It was a tough day to say the least, and I haven’t even received a drop of my chemo cocktail yet, that begins next week.

So how have I been coping?  I’ve been writing about my ordeal.  I dream about how I can help after I beat this thing.  I share on Facebook and to a lesser extent Twitter.  I’ve wondered if it’s TMI (too much information).  After all, I’m finding so many friends and family that have gone through similar struggles and life-changing challenges, most of which I never knew about.  Did they not share?  Was I just too blind?  I still don't know which is the right answer.  What I do know is that writing is helping me cope. It’s my outlet.  Some may think it’s too personal, after all, they got through it without sharing publicly. I'm happy for them and support them in their gift.  This is mine, sharing and getting the word out about early screening and detection is what my challenge is all about.

So, TMI?  I don’t know and don’t mean to offend anyone, it helps me and is important to me.  Please support that, help me share, and help others screen early.  Being treatable is life-saving.

With sincere thanks.

- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?
Read about it here: https://www.gofundme.com/dan-greeley039s-fight-against-cancer

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!


No comments: