Friday, March 23, 2018

I am Now Driven to Post

Since the creation of a GoFundMe page in support of my fight with cancer, I am now driven to post almost every day with updates on the journey right here in the For What's It's Worth blog.

I am in awe of the number of people that have reached out to me in the past few days. Distant family and friends, many I haven't heard from in a long time. It has given me pause and time to reflect on what would I do differently if I had a chance to do life over again? 

In one sense, I can only hope that I would do it better than I did in the past. I would most certainly be more focused on maintaining contact with those I love and cherish - both family and friends. Sure, we go separate ways as time goes by, but, I'm often saddened by the loss of relationships. Reach out to someone you have not spoken to in a long time and tell them you miss them, give them your love, and enjoy the memories. I received a card today, completely unexpectedly from a gal I went to high school with many, many years ago - I don't think I have talked to her since, but she (and others have too) took the time to reach out to me with a card, how nice it was... thanks Bev. 

I got out of the house again today (that's 2 days in a row now) for a couple of hours. I walked more than I have on over a month ... it felt good but wore me out. I came home to a 4-hour nap. 

I can't thank those of you that have dug deep to help financially, I really appreciate it and very touched by your generosity. I love you all and never forget, whatever you may be facing, #HaveBelief 

BTW - for those who knew or have asked, my Mom has also been released from the hospital in Florida and is doing well back home. Had a great conversation with her today ... praise God for looking over her too. 


Me and my mom, Feb 2018, Pace, FL




No comments: