Tuesday, October 15, 2019

A Better Day, of Sorts


I thought I might make a short video post to follow up on my Renewed Death Sentence announcement the other day.  Although still trying to get through all that, I'm working to keep on living a happy life.  I just don't feel well and am very frustrated as I continue to learn about this mysterious rat bastard many refer to as cancer.  Had my local oncologist not stopped further chemo treatments, I would have started my 23rd round today, and today is the best I have felt since finishing round 22, 12 days ago, not that I'm perfect by any means, but today, is a much better day than even yesterday.

We are in the midst of peak leaf color in this part of New England, in fact, coming to a fast end of peak color.  We decided to take a picnic lunch to the Windsor Dam here in Belchertown which is at the southern end of the Quabbin Reservoir.  It was a nice day out, first time we actually ever visited there in the 14 years we have been living here.  If I hadn't been so tired, it would have been a great walk.

As we returned to the starting point, Carol went along by herself to go get the car, I was pretty wiped out from the short walk, less than half way across the dam, which I think is about a 1/2 mile long.  Nevertheless, I wanted to record a video to let everyone know I was OK and that the fight continues.


Not as upbeat and positive as I hoped, but, it is what it is.  I'm doing fine, just very frustrated at the moment at the lack of things going well for a change.  Still no call from Dana-Farber to set up an appointment.  My truck remains in the garage being worked on, since last Thursday.  Today, our outgoing mail is stolen from our mail box and several other people's outgoing mail is deposited in our mail box, all opened and checks removed from payments being mailed by our neighbors.  Just one hassle after another.

On a good note, got to Facetime with my son and 2 grandsons today, that is always a great pleasure, they are so cute!  Wish I had the energy to be with them more while I have the chance.

Lastly, thank you.  Thank you for hanging in there with me through this journey, the good, the bad, and the ugly.  Your continued words of encouragement are never ending and I so much appreciate you.  I want to send a huge shout out to my old Navy buddy Rich, he is constantly there for me on Marco Polo, I need to dig up the energy to send him replies ...  thanks Rich for always being there.  To Doug, you ROCK buddy.

- - -

Join and support my Relay For Life Team at: http://bit.ly/JoinTeamDan2019
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/2JoinDan

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!





1 comment:

Susan Sherman said...

Dan those words you chose to use hit a chord within my heart. I struggled for awhile not knowing whether or not i was strong enough to endure stage 4 breast cancer. Back in 2011 was my time you have a nice support group i had no one. My boys were to uncomformtable with the lost of breasts and chemo and radition they couldn't bear to be there for me. So i struggled as i do today with what my thoughts are and what will my life will be like. Enjoy everything around you. If your favorite bug is an inch worm then anytime i see an inchworm i know Dan is close by. I am going to be a luna moth. I love you and respect all the decisions you make. Sue Sherman