Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sad Day... Happy Day... Good Ending

Today was one of those days.  Started out on a sad note as I attended Heidi's funeral.  Very touching service... I could only wish so many people would attend my services after my demise. Very emotional messages as one would expect, some crying, some laughter as we celebrated the memory of Heidi.  I thought it was especially touching when a female funeral director came forward to read a message from Heidi's husband David, who is deaf.  I don't think there was a dry eye in the house as even she broke down.

There were emotions in the middle of the day, but completely different.  Frustration, contempt, dismay, wrongdoing, incompetence, fraud, deceitful and a handful of other terms come to mind.  It is hard to be among a group of good people doing what they should be yet be infiltrated with people of the kind I was first thinking.  I hate being a part of that!

Then things turned better.  I hooked up with my son who has been stressing out because I have not been doing the things he has hoped for in the time frame he wanted.  I understand that...  I'm trying to be better.  The important thing is that we jot the job done today and got him a new, well, almost new car.  He was smiling from ear to ear.  We had an appointment with Rosaleen at UMass Five College Federal Credit Union at 4:00... she leaves for the day at 4:30.  After getting hing up at the office, we got there at 4:20.  Bless you Rosaleen for staying late and taking care of things for Tyler.  You are the best.  I know I can say that because she does it time after time... I know from personal experience.  Got to Nicky D's by 5:30 and Tyler paid for his car.  Now he is waiting until tomorrow afternoon...  I hope they had it ready for him.  Tomorrow will be a good day for him!

The day is coming to a close on yet another happy note as we close out the Scentsy Spring/Summer catalog for 2011.  It was nice helping 3 new people get there orders in before the midnight deadline!  WooHoo!  Great month.  Did not quite reach the goal of $2,000 in sales, but tripled the sponsoring goal.  Sales are for today, sponsoring is for life.  I'm happy and the end of the tunnel is getting closer for the next magical ride.  Come join me!

No comments: