Saturday, June 2, 2012

I'm in this political mood

I have always said, I hate politics.  Lately, seems I am thinking politics all the time, especially as we approach the 2012 presidential elections.  I think I still hate politics.

I will digress a bit to begin with.  I struggle with the fact that politics is all about acceptance of not doing the right things in some cases so you can do the right things in other cases.  Think about that.

Where I work, performance is based on a 5 point scale, anything less than a 3 is trouble area.  Getting a 3 is average and ordinary, doing what is expected...  getting a 2 means you have issues and need a plan to improve....  2's are red flag territory.  According to Gallup, the average presidential rating over the past 32 years is 54%!  I've worked for the same "organization" for nearly 36 years.  I'm guessing is I only worked at a 2.5 approval rating, I might not have made it 36 years (maybe that's why we limit presidents to a maximum of 8 years.

I keep thinking that for the past several years, I am not as well off as I once was.  Is that because of the job market?  The economy?  Facebook's FUBAR IPO?  We all want to blame it on something...  I have too.



No comments: