Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm not better off today....

I'm not better off today than I was a few years ago, so why wouldn't I want to vote for a change in November?  I'm certainly not happier, so why not try to change something in November?

OK, I also know that most of the reason is me.  Nevertheless, I have not seen a cost of living raise in about 3 years, yet cost continue to go up.  Limitations at the office reduce spending, traveling, back filling...  however, we are expected not only to do all we use to, we are expected to do more.  Most recently, further cuts reduced funding that was used for awards and bonuses by about two thirds.  Do more with less, and get thanked less.  Hmmm.

I'm all for doing things better, however, I don't see equality or those cuts being made equitably across the board.  I see many things I can not freely write about, regardless of whistle bower rules, policy and laws...  it is not worth the chance in this economic environment.

I will say I think I support many of the positions brought forward by the democratic party....  but I am not better off now than I was...  so why support the continued support if I feel I am one of the ones feeling the pain?  I don't want interest rates on college loans to double....  I just want my kids to be able to get loans in the first place!

Why not change?


No comments: