Wednesday, January 16, 2019

A Restful Night



Well I surely did not expect to spend the night in the hospital last night, but that’s the road I traveled. This past Sunday and Monday were not happy days for my stomach and connected internals. The docs and nurses certainly didn’t need a stethoscope to hear the bowel sounds.  I thought I was hearing the soundtrack to “Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Mans Chest”.

I came to the Cancer Center yesterday morning to begin the next phase of the cancer fight with a new chemotherapy drug.  Knowing that I had such an upset stomach and had vomited at 3:30am, I knew the chances were slim that would happen, and I was correct.  They decided to delay the start for a week so I could get over what else was ailing me.  I made it almost to the car before vomiting a second time, sorry for the gross details.  I sat in the car for a while waiting for Carol as she went back in to talk with my docs.  We headed to the ER where they were waiting for me and the lovely, and somewhat, painful test began.  

The good thing is that I napped a lot all afternoon and throughout the night.  A couple hits of morphine probably didn’t hurt, it’s the most sleep I’ve had in a long time.  

This morning I’m waiting to have an endoscopy, oh joy. I said to the young doctor “as long as you bring an antithesis doc with you and I’m sleep, do what you need to do”.  I pray they don’t find more stuff going on, my list of ailments is long enough ... I’m ready to get well and get back on my feet.  These changes have lightened my load for January as I was able to cancel some physical therapy appointment and a pre-colonoscopy meet with another doc.

Speaking of colonoscopies, if you are 45 years or older, have you had a colonoscopy yet?  Doing so early saves lives ... yours in particular!  It’s easy, we all need to do it, so get it done #JustBecause.  You ladies that might be reading, you have other parts that need cancer screenings, don’t skip them, get them done too!



Endoscopy, here I come ...

- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/2JoinDan

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!


No comments: