Sunday, May 20, 2012

Does it matter why you are overloaded?

I someone is overloaded...  with anything...  too much work, too many bills, to many things to do....  anything....  does it matter why they are overloaded?  I'm not going to do years of research or conduct polls so I can analyze the answers, I'm going out on a limb and just say "yes, it does matter, however, not as much as it does helping that person get out from what ever is overwhelming them.

Understanding how you got overloaded is just as important, but getting unloaded is more important.  That may seem not to make any sense, and those with more wisdom when it comes to such things may be right, but, it makes sense to me.

When one gets to the point of overload, strange things begin to happen.  Logical decisions turn to occasional illogical decisions.  Having the ability to do ANYTHING, often is only a step away.  The wrong question or demand for anything, can send the overwhelmed person into a spiral of do nothing.  Not purposely, but do nothing nevertheless.

I know this because I am this.  I know I don't want to be overwhelmed, but I feel it.  Like an illness, being overwhelmed needs a prescription, kindness and consideration of the road back to health.

What are your feeling on being overwhelmed.  WOuld you look for help or look to find out how you got there...  which is the most important first step?  Let me know.

No comments: