Saturday, June 18, 2011

My first 12 minute (maximum) post

I'm taking the challenge of long time friend Phil Gerbyshak (@PhilGerb on twitter) and new time friend Becky Robinson (@beckyrbnsn) and their 12 Minutes at a time project (@12minuteSMP).  Here goes my story today.

Yesterday was a bitter sweet day... some sad thoughts for happy moments, some thought for how the moments will make me sad.  First, my second born daughter organized an awesome 40th birthday dinner for my first born.  It was nice, it was fun and it was a surprise!  Well done Becca, Happy Birthday Tina.  At least it was all good until, during a conversation of kids and birthday's, Tina mentions it must be an awful feeling when you child turns 40!  One must really feel old at that point.  Oh sure, rub it in honey.  At least I'm not as old as your mother (she should love that one but it eases my pain).  The pictures should be interesting, especially the ones in our baloon hats.

The second part of this story is that on the way to the joyous event, my Beemer reached a milestone...  we turned 100,000 miles...  gosh they go quick when you drive 40,000 miles a year or more.  100,000 miles.  This is the best car I have ever owned, and I have had some cars that were pretty nice... there was the Buick Park Ave back in the day....  the Volvo S80 T6...  sweet and powerful....  but this BMW 550i is stands up its calling as the ultimate driving machine.  I love the way I get a hug from the seats, literally, every time I get in.  The best thing is that it looks and acts new... it just has 100,000 miles on it now.  People find it hard to believe it is not brand new, that's what happened when it is taken care of (that sounds like a subject for another time).  100,000 miles means a few more things... the warranty expired... no more included oil changes and wiper blades...  included maintenance is gone....  oh well, it's still the best car I ever owned.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Love you pops, even if your first born is 40, you're not old :-) I love you tons!!