Friday, December 23, 2011

Outwitting the Devil....

I never heard of the book Outwitting the Devil, by Napolean Hill, until tonight.  Thank you so much Becca Levie (http://www.beccalevie.com/), you're the best!

Today...  no, tonight, is the start of a new direction.  I may have said it before, but tonight, December 22, 2011, I move forward with a new vision...  a new desire....  with new purpose.  Take note of that.  I no longer want to be blue...  be down...  be overwhelmed.  I need to put on a smile from within, not just a surface smile.  It serves no purpose to be a prisoner of life.  Becca gave me a gift tonight...  words that had been given to her before, shared with me tonight....

 "Our capacity to feel joy, peace and happiness is in direct proportion to the depth of pain and sorrow we experience. Knowing this during dark times gives us a reason to put one step in front of another until we once again find joy and back to a place of great joy and hope."

me with Les Brown, April 2011
 This all started during a conversation with Becca as she shared about a book she was finishing reading by Les Brown.  Les is an incredible rags to riches inspiration to all of us that we can reach our own level of greatness.  The cool part is that I have also personally spoken with Les about his story and rise to to national prominence by telling his story.  Telling his story, that's what Kirk Weisler (http://www.kirkweisler.com/) and Phil Gerbyshak (http://www.philgerbyshak.com/) saying to me.  So, what does this all have to do with the title So, what about Outwitting the Devil?  Becca turned me onto this book written by Napolean Hill (author of Think and Grow Rich).  She tells of how he felt like a psuedo leader when he faced a time of such fear and paralizsis (as I feel now) and he didn't believe he could continue (hmm, I know that feeling too). He thought all hope was lost and he couldn't leave his brother-in- laws basement snd he became cruel and a burden. He progressed past that and became one of the greateat teachers of all time.  Such inspiration!

As in coaching, when things get tough, I always said, back to basics.  Thank you tongiht Becca and for many times past, Kirk, Phil and others, for your positive suggestions.  Here we go, one step at a time.

No comments: