Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Getting Jazzed Times 2

Yesterday I wrote about how Becca Levie got me pretty jazzed by talking with me about a couple of books and suggestions for the help I was seeking.  Today I am jazzed times 2!  Finished reading chapter 1 of Outwitting the Devil and I was having revelations in just a matter of a few pages.

I've often (jokingly) accused Kirk Weisler of writing in his T4D blog (http://kirkweisler.com/t4d/) write to me because he keeps hitting me right between the eyes with his words of wisdom.  I think Napoleon Hill hit me with a sledge hammer!  How did he know so much about me back in the early 1900's.  I am amazes, jazzed, inspired and already seeing a new beginning, and I've only read chapter 1.  Thank you!  You're going to have to read it yourself to understand. You'll have to walk in similar shoes to really understand.

My mind has been so full of thoughts tonight I have almost jumped from one end of the stick to the opposite end without even thinking.  That does not really compute since I am a believer that most everything that goes on happens squarely between our ears...  in our mind.  When the mind is lost and full of indecision, things just don't work very well.  We can't make rational, logical decisions.  We don't behave and act in a manner that traditionally has been normal for us.  We begin doing the things we would normally not care for in others.  I have been stuck in that mould for several months...  maybe several years.  I knew it, I didn't like it and I knew it had to chance...  I just just didn't know how.  That has changed.

Dr. Hill wrote "My reasoning faculty had almost been paralyzed".  As Sharon Lechter annotated, I have felt discouraged and irritable and it became debilitating to me at work, at home and in all I did.  I was not me. I now know why and am focused on a path of change.  First returning to the old Dan, then continuing to get better in every way, every day.

No comments: