Friday, April 6, 2018

1st Infusion Is A Wrap, So-Go-So-Far

It's all I can do to write this tonight, I am so tired.  I completed the rest of infusion 1 this morning (Thursday the 5th) and Chester Thirdnip was set free for a week or so at the cancer center as my portable infusion pump was disconnected.  I finish by wearing a portable unit to push in the last 46 hours would of the chemo cocktail - 5FU).

The past three days have been a whirlwind of mostly emotions and being tired, especially today, very tired!  But, so good so far, chemo is my friends and is my way to being cancer free.  However, it seemed like once the pump was disconnected, I just went to sleep for the past 24 plus hours.  I've had some struggle moments staying as positive as I must, I let my mind wander and allowed thoughts in that are not positive.  It's hard, I feel weak, I don't feel progress.  It's been brutal to tell you the truth...  you don't want to go through this if at all possible.  PLEASE, talk to your doctors about prescreening.  Early detection and discovery can save you from a lot I am going through and that is now part of my mission, to help you!

The nausea has not been bad, but enough to take some meds for, and they helped.  I'm hoping by this weekend, this phase will have passed and I'll be on the mend for this first round.  The continued outpouring of support is so much appreciated.  The cards, the food, the well wishes, the donations, the amazing suggestions from those who have passed this way before me...  love you all, thank you so much!

Praying for a few good days here.
- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!

No comments: