Thursday, April 26, 2018

The Ups and Downs of Chemo

As I've entered week two of the second round of chemo (the second of each two week regiment is suppose to be a  recovery week), I can honestly say, I'm ready for recovery.  The first week of this session seems to have taken its toll and side effects lasting much longer then the first round.  I'm especially tired, most all the time, but I don't often fall asleep...  this too will pass, chemo is still my pal and leading me to a cancer free life down the road.  Although I'm trying to relay my journey down the chemo pathway, I'll honestly say I think I have had it very easy compared to the many friends and acquaintances who have gone before me.  My hats off to you and the strength you've endured.  Many thought and prayers for all of you, wish we could all walk together in the survivors walk at Relay for Life.

Since facing this medical ordeal, I've become a Massachusetts Medical Marijuana card holder.  We won't talk about the "so-called" process and collection of fees to become a card carrying member, just the use of marijuana itself.  Talk about being clueless on the topic, I knew nothing...and have read a bunch, and still feel clueless.  Maybe I'm just overwhelmed and can't take it all in now like I was able to focus on learning before.  To make a long story short, it's done nothing for me.  Luckily, a friend of my daughter works at a dispensary in another state and has been helpful... thank you Bryan via Beth!  As Beth relayed information to me from her hubby, she said she felt as lost as I was since she was just repeating what he said.  I asked her if she ever stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.  She didn't understand until I provided one of the many links on the subject, like this one: https://vimeo.com/51166685


It's not all bad.  The silicone bracelets my daughter ordered have arrived.  They are awesome! I have adopted a hashtag of #HaveBelief as I go down the path to recovery because you must have belief you work your way through the ordeal and come out on the other end better for it.  Secondly I also use #HaveFaith since you must have faith that God will ensure we get to the goal he has for us in this like.  My decision to use these hashtags for my recovery from cancer was purposely selected so that the anyone suffering from anything, could use #HaveBelief or #HaveFaith as a reminder that whatever they are going through, can be overcome!

Would you like to support my cause with your own #HaveBelief bracelet?  Both hashtags are imprinted on every bracelet, one on each side.  I am requesting a donation of $2.00 each or 3 for a $5.00 donation.  Want more, give me a shout, we'll work something out.  Add an extra buck and I'll get it mailed to you anywhere in the country.


I have #HaveBelief tee-shirts becoming available soon for you to order as well...  They will be $20.00 each.  Send me a message and I'll let you know as soon as they are available, or, let's connect, you can pay now and I'll order as soon as possible.  Shirts will be available by the June 8, 2018 Quabbin Valley Relay for Life event in Belchertown, MA if you want to come down and walk a lap with me.  I also have a tee-shirt available to order now, in support of my personal battle with colon cancer.  This shirt would make an awesome, unique gift for someone turning 50 this year... or for a birthday gift for anyone you know that has been putting off having a colonoscopy because of embarrassment or they think "not
me".  My goal is to encourage at least 100 people who have put off a colonoscopy to have one done or at least scheduled this year.  Don't do it for me, do it for you!  Meaning you, men, and women ...  if you are 50 or older, you need to be screened soon, colonoscopies SAVE lives.  The shirts are available to order until May 10, 2018, also for $20.00 each, The net proceeds will go to the Relay for Life team and a few other cancer related charities.  Order the "Check UR Colon" shirt at http://bit.ly/checkURcolon.

Thank you for your constant support.
- - -

Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?



Read about Take Them A Meal page my daughter setup

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!



No comments: