Monday, April 2, 2018

And So It Begins ...


Chester being violated the first time
Chester Thirdnip got pressed into service today, a bit scary, but Chester did the job with flying colors.  Today was a pre-chemo visit so we didn't need to do this before my treatments start tomorrow morning.  Of course, I did NOT watch, I didn't want to pass out.  I don't mind watching them do whatever it is to you, but no-no, I don't watch them doing it to me.


I just don't watch
Just a simple needle insertion into the port is all it was and drawing a few tubes of blood to ensure I'm ready for the chemo.  Before leaving for the hospital, I globbed on some Lidocaine, wow, that was perfect, didn't feel the needle at all, just like when I had an IV installed for the port implant surgery.  No complaints there at all.  As usual, my infusion nurse was perfect.

So, the chemo starts tomorrow, 8:00 am, April 3rd, the 4th anniversary of my first day of retirement.  Not how I expected to celebrate the day.

As a parting thought today, I continue to be in awe of the outpouring of emails, message, cards, calls, and support through the GoFundMe page.  Another card today from a former high school friend and a call from an aunt and uncle I chat with on Facebook but rarely talk on the phone with.  It was pretty special when I saw they were calling.  Love you, Aunt Sally and Uncle Bob!

I opted to have the infusion needle and tubing stay connected so we are ready to go in the morning.  Bring it on, I #HaveBelief and #HaveFaith we are moving towards complete eradication.  Don't forget, early screening is where it's at.


- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!



No comments: