Saturday, April 21, 2018

Round 2 Hasn’t Been All Roses


Round 2 seems to have gone pretty much as planned, but the last couple of days have had their challenging moments.  As much as chemo is my friend and working to rid my body of any micron-sized cancer ridden damaged cells we can’t even see, there are a few side effects I am learning to deal with.  Annoyances by some standards, Godsends by others - this is part of the recovery and elimination of that which ails me.  It’s not that I’m not positive and fighting right now, I’m just at a complete lack of energy.

I began feeling tired and exhausted before this infusion was complete this round.  That’s a few days earlier than in round 1 and I don’t feel I’ve made the turn yet and feeling better.  It’s a 2-week cycle ... infusion for 3 days, knocked on my butt mostly sleeping for a couple days and then turn the corner and begin feeling a bit better.  I’ve really been in a “fog” the last 2 days, mental slow motion, some balance issues, and really tired.  The weird thing is there are some things going through my head that don’t seem foggy at all - it’s just different.

It’s not all bad.  I also had plenty of good things happen which really raised my spirits.  In no special order except it’s always best when my kids come to visit... but here are some of the standout things that blessed me

  • My daughter Rebecca and a couple of my grandkids visited with a few new treasures.  A 12 picture frame to document my infusion journey with room for a picture a week.  
  • I received a bags of goodies from my daughter Tina.  The two books, WTF and Weird but True will keep me occupied and filled with knowledge if I ever appear on Jeopardy or Who Wants to be a Millionaire.  Best of all, a gift card to Outback so I can knock that steak and lobster tail dinner off my bucket list.
  • FaceTime with My Guy Hudson is always fun.  David and Aimee connected with my from their Myrtle Beach vacation so I got to talk with Hudson.  He’s so cute and smart!
  • I’ve launched 3 Scentsy basket parties in the past week with the third going out this weekend.  This thrills me!  It’s helping me make a difference Helping me with my business, helping me financially, and getting me closer to my Scentsy goals even while I’m in recovery.  Anyone can be successful in network marketing regardless of your situation, it just takes work.  No matter where you live I can help you with a Scentsy basket party too, just connect with me.
  • My son Travis came and spent the better part of the day Saturday with us, might have been so he could do laundry, but I enjoyed just having him here.
  • I received cards in the mail from people I honestly didn’t expect to hear from. People from my past that I’ve lost contact with. I also received a card from my daughter's former in-laws how touching is that? It’s often just a little thing we can do to really make a difference in someone’s lives. Thank you, Madeline and Janie.
  • I also launched a fundraiser this weekend in support of my team at Relay for Life.  We’re selling the “check your colon” T-shirts for $20 with all the net proceeds going to relay for life and cancer connection. Check it out at http://bit.ly/checkURcolon. Shirts are on sale through May 10, 2018.
  • Earlier this week, there was a huge post on the GoFundMe page Ryan set up from “John Doe”.  I am in awe of the generosity I have received and want to give John Doe, public thanks to whomever you are.
Hopefully this funk I’m in right now will pass and I’ll have more energy and stamina ... soon!  Continued thanks to all for all the support, encouragement, and love.  I love you all.
           
                                              - - -  

Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us

Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interesting in reading about my fight with cancer?


Read about Take Them A Meal page my daughter setup


Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!




No comments: