Wednesday, April 11, 2018

National Siblings Day ... I Give Thanks

I know I’m a little late, but I wanted to ensure I gave credit where credit is due on National Siblings Day.  I have two of the finest sisters a guy could ask for, especially considering I was not the easiest brother to live with and love.  We’ve had ups and downs, but, through thick and thin, even while cursing under their breath at me (which is only my speculation that’s what they may have been doing), they hung in there and stood by my side.  Sometimes, literally.



If I were able to recall all the examples of where they may have wanted to disown me or cast me away, Moby Dick would seem like a short story to read in an afternoon.  To this day, I will swear, I never ever meant to be a jerk brother, big or little.  Unfocused, spoiled maybe, and not really “getting it” as I wished I had, they were there.

So I don’t bore you with the details of my own inequities, I’d rather focus on my sisters heroics, which is how I see it, and how they each were always there, always.  I can never thank them enough or ever pay them back for all they have done.

My best shot at pay back is passing along to my children, and the others I interact with, their qualities and the life lessons they showed me, to help them be better people. The ultimate pay it forward passing through me.

Karen, Deb, and my brothers-in-law that also endured me, Bill and Steve, thank you, thank you, thank you.  You’re all the best.








- - -  
Check out my Scentsy Web store at: http://DanGreeley.Scentsy.us
Want to join my amazing team of consultants?  http://bit.ly/JoinDan

Interested in reading about my fight with cancer?

Never, ever, forget how amazing you are and can be!




No comments: